The Prince's Trust
Our involvement with the prince's trust is a very exciting and rewarding extension to our product range within Community Response.
The Prince's Trust is a thriving charity that provides support training and guidance for young people who are:
- In care or leaving care
- Offenders or ex-offenders
- Educational underachievers
The volunteers come from a diverse range of ethnic, social and economic backgrounds.
The Trust works in partnership with public and private sector organisations to provide a ‘leg up' to these young people giving them the chance to acquire skills, achieve economic independence and find work or training opportunities.
Using our successful experiential methods of personal development we are able to work alongside other delivery partners to offer residential courses for those young people engaged in the 12 week ‘Team Programme'. The residential part of the programme offers the young volunteers a range of activities such as:
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Team based problem solving exercises
- Inputs on communication, working with others, influencing etc.
- Use of learning logs and video diaries to capture personal; development
- Reviewing and reflecting on performance
- Project work within local schools
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Giving presentations on performance
- Cooking, cleaning and living together as part of a group
We are able to use a variety of residential venues throughout the UK in order to provide local opportunities for both delivery partners and young people alike.
We are also able to provide partnership opportunities for our existing corporate clients who wish to be involved in this most worthwhile and credible of Charities.
For more information on the Prince's Trust go to www.princes-trust.org.uk